It has been a rough 12 months for St. Joseph restaurants, which is why the St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce and Joe Town Fun are partnering to coordinate St. Joseph’s second Restaurant Week.
“When we planned the first Restaurant Week last February it was to help restaurants during a slow time of year,” said Natalie Redmond, Senior Vice President of Membership for the St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce. “This time it’s to help them survive the pandemic.”
Participating restaurants will offer specials and highlight food items from March 2-11. The goal of the week is to attract new customers or encourage former customers to return. Restaurants are encouraged to register for the program, at a much discounted rate.
The fee for restaurants to join is $75 for non-Chamber members and a $25 gift card to be used in promotional programs. Chamber members will pay $50 and provide a $25 gift card. Restaurants with more than one location under the same owner will pay $25 and provide a $25 gift card for each additional restaurant to participate. Costs will cover promotional materials to be used throughout the week including posters, brochures, buttons, table top signs and Restaurant Week advertising.
Because of the pandemic, each participating restaurant must also provide carry-out or delivery options to be a part of the program.
“We want everyone to be able to participate in any way they feel comfortable,” said Alyson Fisher, owner of Joe Town Fun. “As the owner of multiple small businesses, I have first-hand knowledge about the difficulties 2020 dealt our establishments. Joe Town Fun is proud to help restaurants today and for many years to come.”
- Featured on the Restaurant Week website.
- Featured on the St. Joseph Chamber or Joe Town Fun Facebook page with over 10K followers.
- Will receive a comprehensive media package
- Will attract new customers and allow a chance to try new menu items
- Restaurant Week poster, table tents and buttons provided for you to use during SJRW.
Besides the registration cost restaurants are required to offer:
- A special menu from two of the following price tiers; $10, $15 or $25 (please note upcharges for special items are allowed). Businesses can still have its regular menu during Restaurant Week, but it will be required to have a special menu as well for all 10 days.
- A carry out or delivery option for customers (besides just dine in) due to COVID 19.
Also submit a current photo, hours for Restaurant Week, a short description of your restaurant and link to your website/Facebook page. These will be featured on the St. Joseph Restaurant Week website to encourage people to try your restaurant. We encourage you to do fun Restaurant Week events and promo as well.
Thanks to the following who are a part of the St. Joseph Restaurant Week Advisory Council:
Amber McKnight, Fredrick Inn
Whitney Loehnig, Adams Bar & Grill
Terri Modlin, Felix Street Gourmet
Heather Mitchell, Hazel’s Coffee & Roasting Company