Both Buchanan County and the City of St. Joseph have made available business relief programs to assist and support local business in our community. The funds represent federal relief funds and have certain restrictions. The following is a summary of these programs announced today, as well as links that will allow you to pursue relief funding.
— Please note that we have been informed that you cannot pursue both City and County programs. You should review the programs and determine the program you wish to receive funding from and make the necessary application.
Buchanan County Relief Programs
Buchanan County is providing two different programs to assist business.
The first is a program to reimburse local businesses for certain expenses associated with COVID-19. The second program is a small business (up to 40 employees) grant relief program. If you incurred certain costs associated with business interruption related to the response to COVID-19, you are eligible for the $5,000 grant. Note that you can not seek funds from both programs.
- The programs cover businesses in Buchanan County, which also includes the City of St. Joseph.
- Applications and instructions can be found HERE.
- Applications should be completed along with necessary documentation and submitted to the County as instructed.
- Non-profits are not eligible for the County program.
- Please read all questions and answer all questions on the applications.
- The reimbursement program is open to all businesses that have documented costs associated COVID-19. The County will determine the total amount of reimbursement based on the application.
City of St. Joseph Strong Small Business Retention Program
Through federal funds received, the City of St. Joseph is making available to small businesses (1-20 full-time employees) loans to address local business impact for COVID-19.
- Zero-interest loans for the first 12 months and 4 percent interest for the remaining term of the loan.
- Businesses with less than 10 FTEs are eligible for up to a $5,000 loan
- Businesses with 11 to 20 FTEs are eligible for up to $10,000 loan
- For the first six months if business retains 100 percent of its workforce, loan is forgiven.
- Businesses must have a brick and mortar location and be within the City limits.
- Company must demonstrate a loss of income as a result of the local COVID-19 response.
- Application and instructions can be found HERE.
Need help deciding what to apply for or how to apply? The Chamber is here to help. Contact Kristie Arthur, firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-364-4113, or Brad Lau, email@example.com or 816-364-4110 for more information.