The Mayor has signed a declaration that strongly encourages that residents shelter in place and remain in their residences. However, there are exceptions provided to the declaration including employees who work for St. Joseph employers deemed essential.
Those employers deemed non-essential should cease operating.
Additional details as follows:
- The declaration is effective beginning at 12:01 a.m., Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Employers should determine if they are an essential or non-essential business. Please refer to this press release and the official declaration for guidance.
- Employees should contact their employer in order to determine their status.
- The declaration shall remain in place until 11:58 p.m., April 2, 2020, unless it’s extended.
- The City requests that essential businesses continue to practice efforts to maintain adequate spacing and separation of employees.
- The City Health Department has opened an information Call Center to answer questions or provide clarification of details in the declaration. Call (816) 271-4613 if you have a question on how the declaration impacts your business.
The Chamber is working closely with the City and other community partners. If we can be of assistance, contact us at 232-4461.
Also, please go to the Chamber’s COVID-19 website for the latest information.