What is the SBTDC?
It is an advisory service that transforms small business owners into successful entrepreneurs by building their business skills acumen. The St. Joseph center is supported by NWMSU, the SBA, and the St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce.
Who does the SBTDC serve?
The SBTDC is for new or veteran small business owners. The St. Joseph office can help residents in the following counties: Andrew, Buchanan, Clinton, DeKalb, Holt and Platte. If this center is not in your area find your center at www.missouribusiness.net.
In what ways can the SBTDC help my business?
The SBTDC covers many different aspects of business development. Some of those fields include:
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing Strategies
- Financial Management
- Finding Financing
- Business Management and Improved Efficiency
- Business Start-Up
What does the SBTDC have to offer me?
The Missouri SBTDC offers a state-wide network of expertise at your disposal to address nearly any questions or needs demanded by your business. You will receive confidential, individualized advice and education to improve your business’s operations and profits.
How can I receive help without setting up a personal consulation?
The SBTDC offers training throughout the year that range from one to three hours in length. Program topics include:
- Business — writing a business plan, starting a small business, understanding financial statements, monopolizing your market, taxes, financial analysis and customer service.
- Technology — introduction to QuickBooks, Web site marketing and social media like Facebook and Twitter.
SBTDC Fun Facts
- Each year the Missouri SBTDC counsels more than 3,000 clients
- Most services are offered at no charge
- SBTDCs serve manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, service businesses, inventors, construction, agriculture and other businesses.